UltraTech Cement Limited is India’s leading and the world’s 8th largest cement manufacturer. The company`s state-of-the-art production facilities are spread across 11 integrated plants, 1 white cement plant, 1 clinker plant in UAE, 15 grinding units (11 in India, 2 in UAE, 1 in Bahrain and Bangladesh each) and 6 bulk terminals (5 in India and 1 in Sri Lanka). Most of the plants are ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified. In addition, 2 plants have received ISO 27001 certification, while four have received SA 8000 certification.
With exports of over 2.5 million tonnes per annum to countries across the Indian Ocean, Africa, Europe and the Middle East, UltraTech Cement is India’s largest exporter of cement clinker.
UltraTech stands for:
- Premium-quality cement and allied products
- Superior strength for durable structures that can weather any condition
- The largest technical cell providing value-added services like training programmes to the construction fraternity for capacity building, on-site demos, testing of raw materials and consultative services on best construction practices
- A clear customer focus with dedicated teams attending to enterprise customers
- Bringing in innovation in every application
- Well-spread network with multiple logistic feed
- Use of technology for improved speed and connectivity thereby ensuring availability of products
- Ordinary Portland Cement
- Portland Blast Furnace Slag Cement
- Portland Pozzolana Cement
Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
Ordinary portland cement is most commonly used for a wide range of applications. These applications cover dry-lean mixes, general-purpose ready-mixes, high strength pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete.
Portland Blast Furnace Slag Cement (PSC)
Portland blast-furnace slag cement comprises 50 per cent finely ground and granulated blast-furnace slag, consisting essentially of silicates and alumino silicates of calcium. Using slag cement in a concrete mixture is a useful method to make concrete better and more consistent. Portland blast-furnace slag cement has a lighter colour, better concrete workability, easier finishability, higher compressive and flexural strength, lower permeability, improved resistance to aggressive chemicals and better plastic and hardened consistency.
Portland Pozzolana cement (PPC)
Portland pozzolana cement consists of 25 to 35 percent of pozzolanic material like fly ash which is a byproduct of coal burning in thermal power stations. Pozzolanic materials, though not having cementing properties by themselves react with lime produced during hydration of cement to form compounds that give strength and enhance durability. Use of PPC helps in minimizing shrinkage and thermal cracking, increases workability and cohesion in concrete and mortar.